Daily Skin Care Tips
Every woman wants to look beautiful, healthy and youthful. A daily and consistent skin care and hair care regimen will help every woman do just that. A woman’s self-esteem is often wrapped up in how young or healthy she perceives her skin and hair to look every day. Here are a few simple things you can do to ensure you’ll look your very best now and for years down the road.
- Cleansing your skin is really the foundation of a healthy skin care routine. Surprisingly, most people go overboard in this area. Whether you have oily, normal or combination skin, it is important to clean your facial skin without stripping it of naturally occurring oils that are important for younger looking skin.
- Wash at night to remove makeup and debris with a cleanser for your skin type. Cleanse by using a dime-size amount of cleanser and rinsing your skin with lukewarm water. Pat dry. In the morning, simply splash a bit of lukewarm water on your face to remove any excess oils from the night’s moisturizer. Remember: never use hot or cold water to wash your face, as either one can cause broken capillaries and make your skin appear blotchy.
- Exfoliation is often overlooked when it comes to skin care, but it is an essential step to keep you looking young. Microdermabrasion, retinoids, and chemical peels are all great methods by which to exfoliate your skin by removing the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. Each is also available for in-home use if you are unable to afford treatments at a spa, so try one of these at home and you’ll notice that your skin is not only clean, but also glowing. Beauty experts do not recommend toners, but others say they are the key to their facial skin routine. Stick with what makes your skin look the best for you.
- Apply your makeup with clean sponges each time.
- Give yourself a facial at home once a week or so. There are several facial "recipes" out there.
- Puffy eyes in the morning can be tamed by placing slices of potatoes or cucumbers over them for a few minutes. For some reason, the puffiness is eased.
- Bathe only once a day to minimize the possibility of depleting your skin’s moisture. Use lukewarm water (instead of extremely hot or cold water), a soap less cleanser, and limit your bathing or showering times to under 15 minutes to keep your skin from drying out.
- Sunscreen is a must and probably the most important step when it comes to protecting our skin from harmful environmental factors. Make certain to use a sunscreen or moisturizer containing at least 15 SPF and apply it daily to every area that is exposed to the sun.
- Hair care is essential for good health as well. If your hair appears healthy, you look younger. Shampoo your scalp at least two or three times a day in order to avoid developing dandruff.
- When you shampoo your scalp and hair, use your fingertips to scrub your scalp thoroughly to loosen up dirt, oils, and debris. Rinse your hair with cool water and you’ll notice it has more body as opposed to rinsing with hot water.
- Before going to bed each night, be sure to brush your hair to remove tangles and redistribute natural oils in the hair.
- If possible, allow your hair to air dry rather than subjecting it to blow-drying which can rob your locks of essential moisture.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to comb out hair when it is wet to avoid breakage.
- Regular trims will prevent split ends and give you a new, polished look.
- Believe it or not, proper nutrition and ample amounts of rest contribute to healthy skin and hair, so make sure to get the proper amounts of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in your food or via supplements.
- Go to bed at the same time each night and get up the same time each morning.
As you can see, it is really quite simple to look young, healthy and beautiful if you just take care of your hair and the skin you’re in right now. You’ll be so glad you did!
Filed under Skin Care by Tammy